Tank fogging!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
Well yea i got my 29g plaudarium all set up with 5 gallons of water
great stuff backround, way oversized filter(to combat the frogs toxins), waterfall, land, air supply, heat
(((its pretty beast:headbang2:)))
im plannin to put 4-5 firebellied toads, a school of about 6 rasboras, and a cory cat for cleanin

i got the whole thing runnin w/o any life in it yet and the glass keeps foggin up i dont know what to do b/c i put vents in the cover already and its still foggin up?????":wall: wat do i do???

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Add a Fan. The small kind that you could find at Lowe's or Home Depot if you ask. If that doesn't work, then you just have to wait it out, it might go away or it might not.

I want to see pictures of that paludarium, it sounds cool!

Mr. U

Can I have a cookie...pweeeze?
Oct 18, 2006
California Central Coast
What is covering the top of the tank? I had a similar problem with "fog", or moisture on the glass, because of the difference between the temp of the water, upper are of the tank, and of the room. I decided to take apart the glass tank lid and place each section away from each other so that there was a long gap running between them. I placed a screened tank cover over the glass. This helped to dissipate the moisture on the glass, and the screen helped to keep the critters inside - and they will get out when they get the chance :wall:
Good luck.

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
i have a glass canopy over the tank as you would when running a fish tank
on the plastic part on the back i made a bunch of holes, small enough to keep everything inside but there are alot of em' and i thought that it would be enough to circulate air

would just a screen tank lid suffice with a light on top b/c im not that handy to take the lid apart

ill post a pic if i can figure out how to do it asap

ordinaryoddity

AC Members
Oct 13, 2007
Central FL
wow, awesome tank!

looks like your new pets will love it!

anyway, my tank fogs up all the time, but ive never really worried about it and the frogs dont seem to mind, so i just leave it, unless im showing them off, then ill wipe off the front w/ a paper towel

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
these are taken w/the moisture wiped off the glass;; more plants are goin in soon

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Just switch to a screen top and add the light on top. If you have a metal lid, the lamp won't melt through the top.

AndiPants

AC Members
May 25, 2007
Canada
Nice looking tank, it will look great when you get some critters in there!

I had the same problem with the fogging of the glass when recently switched over to a glass top. I had a plastic piece is the back that I had drilled with ten billion holes, but it seemed to do very little. All that I ended up doing was leaving the lid proped open slightly, maybe 1/2 inch or so? It cleared it up pretty well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store