Swim Bladder problems

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

0live

128 mb tempura
Mar 14, 2008
area code 401
Hey guys,

I woke up this morning to find one of my dozen or so neons swimming, in short, inneffective bursts, vertically. I've quarantined him, and plan on fasting him. Since the Q, he's been just kinda hanging out on the bottom of the tank..

Have I diagnosed this correctly as swim bladder problems? should I treat his Qtank with anything? as of last check (last night) my params were as follows:

temp 72
pH 7.2
NH 0
NO2 0
NO3 5
KH 4
GH 6

I've been trying to bring the pH down a bit so I added some peat to the filtration, but that was last week (and it hasn't really done anything.)

the only other change to the tank was the addition of a plant on the 1st, but the plant came from one of MY grow out tanks, not a LFS.. I've had it for a while.

I've never had any disease in my tanks before.. Any ideas as to what is causing it/ how to treat it? thanks are appreciated.

p.s. I'm so glad I had set up that QT tank last week.. I was planning on getting some hatchet fish later this week, so I set it up w/ some seeded filter and gravel.. looks like no hatchets for me... :(

0live

128 mb tempura
Mar 14, 2008
area code 401
2 male guppies and inverts.

the little guy was swimming head up, in short bursts sinking.. sinking down, then short burst back up again.

No one else in the tank is acting strange, but he's still swimming a bit funkily(?)

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
Marycin treatment for 10 days, but those Neon tetras are touchy ones at best

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store