Few questions about a Pacman frog

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DeeSeven

AC Members
Feb 4, 2007
CT
I have a pacman frog and i just have a few questions about him...

1. I got the "2:0 Calcium/No Phosphorus powdered supplement with vitamins" made by t-rex and it says to "sprinkle generously on moistened food once daily" what if I have like a frozen pinkie? just roll the pinkie in the powder and I should be good?

2. I also read that I need a multi vitamin besides just calcium for my frog. So I picked up "Reptivite" by zoo meds can I use these together? or should I alternate them?

3. Besides crickets, pinkies and earthworms what else can I feed mr. frog?

psychoticpengwn

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
You really don’t need the calcium on the pinkey because its bones have the calcium in it so you should be fine with just the pinkey just dust your crickets by using a plastic cup or sprinkle it on them in what ever you have them in. As far as other things to feed them don’t feed them anything with hard shells on a regular basis it can cause impaction and kill the frog same goes for the mice with fur and pinkeys don’t feed to often due to it having higher fat you can feed it feeder fish in his food bowl every once in a while just be careful with them I don’t do it because Wal-Mart feeder fish tend to look unhealthy with the large number of them dead in the tank. Im not sure on the multi vitamins I just use regular cricket dust and give the crickets food with vitamins in it. On a side note don’t use moss as a substrate just use coconut fiber bedding like bed a beast or the eco earth stuff it comes in the bricks you stick in warm water and it expands reason being is the moss can also cause impaction in the frog when he goes to strike at his food I lost my first frog that way Don’t use a under tank heater I know some places say to but it will burn your frog up I suggest using a infared lamp around 50-75 watts and a florescent light if the area the frog is in dose not get allot of light in the morning. Got to be carefull you don't dry the frog out with the lights though so try and keep his cage fairly moist. I keep my frog on a 12 hour light schedule I keep the infared on at all times to keep up the heat and use the florescent light for the morning the infared will not bother him when he is sleeping so you’ll be fine with that. Try not to hold the frog or touch him the oils on our skin can harm due to the fact that they absorb every thing through there skin. I Cant think of anymore right now sorry for the long write up its just kinda sad when you fallow all the stuff petco gives you and end up with a dead frog because of it. Let me know if you got anymore questions and ill try to answer them to the best of my ability.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store