"mud" filters??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Well, I see the boards have been completely revamped. I even had to re-register this go round...:) I was gonna pick me a new user name, but I've had this one for years now, so I figured if I got a new one, I'd only forget it...:D Any way, on to the question at hand. There a couple of these things on the market now, the "mud"/culerpa filtration systems. I will refrian from mentioning manafactures due to any legal implications...:) So, do they do what they claim?? I find it hard to belive that this little wonder can eliminate the need for a skimmer, but if it did, that would be great. I've got a 125g that I'm gonna switch over some time soon, but I need to settle on a filter. This will not be a reef tank, just a fowlr (very little lr at that) and the newest version of the "mud" filters to come out dosent seem much more expensive then standard wet/dry's, so if they work, I'll probably just get one of them. Thanks for any input you may have.

"J"

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
he had wicked humidity problems, it was causing structual damage to his house.

He set up a 750 gallon tank inside the 4000 gallon, but was still having problems. Last i heard he sold off the 750 to a guy on reefcentral and has no tanks running at all.

SoulkeepeR

Social Lurker
Mar 15, 2002
Colorado Springs, CO
yea, I heard a while back that one of his key walls that holds up the house was actually bending/warping from the humidity. you would think a guy with that much money, would have enough money to build a ventalation system or somthing...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store