90 gallon FOWLR.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bagshaw

AC Members
Mar 13, 2008
I have had a 38 gallon saltwater tank for a while now and have realized it is just too small.
I found a great deal on a tank from craigslist for a 90 gallon tank.
I have a stand for it and am going to use my 36" light, resting on bars runnning accross the tank.
Anyways I would love to have a porcupine puffer but algae for me has always been a problem.
I was going to go to the LFS today and get more of a cleanup crew but realized the puffer would have a field day when introduced.
Is there any "algae cleaners and sand cleaners" i can put in this tank?
Also how many power heads should i have for flow?

P.s i would post pics of my 90 gallon as soon as i pick it up :D

journey0820

AC Members
Jan 31, 2008
Sand sifting goby, lawn mower blenny, and a jaw fish.

SpockthePuffer

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
Pittsburgh
If you really want a puffer, you could get a smaller species like a paupan toby or valentini. There are many small tobies that are very cute and just as personable as bigger puffers. You will also have more options that way as well.

Solastsummer

AC Members
Feb 2, 2008
the thing that is pretty frustrating go me about porcs and there is so much conflicting information about tank size all over the net. an AC link i found has the min tank size as 65, Peteducation.com/liveaquaria/drfostersmith has it as 90.... it does not help seeing as none of those are my size :(

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
I really like CPD's method. Take something around the size of a full grown fish you're in question about and put it in the tank. She used a ruler, I'm not really sure what to use to get an accurate idea of the puffer without being puffed up and then with it being puffed up.

Heck, I found a website that says minimum tank size for a sailfin tang was 30g lol. Decent website, but I don't normally go by what I see as minimum tank size because of what you're saying with inconsistencies.

Bagshaw

AC Members
Mar 13, 2008
I have read that a 90 is suffiecient for a porc puffer and that in captivity they do not reach 18".
Maybe i was misinformed?
:s

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store