fighting angels

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

satanpie

Banana plant addict.
Aug 25, 2007
Long Island NY
www.myspace.com
Hi, i have 6 angles 5 males and 1 female, there is one pair, they were in a 45 for a while where they fought occasionally, and had small conflicts, since i have added to my 75G a few weeks ago they have been fighting intrensely over food and territory, they get into bigger fights and use more brutal attacks then they did before, why is this? it community tank and i thought the other fish would distract them form each other. Does anyone have any advice on this matter? they were my dads who passed away so getting rid of any is out of the question.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I would move the pair to their own tank. How big are these angels?

satanpie

Banana plant addict.
Aug 25, 2007
Long Island NY
www.myspace.com
they are a little bit smaller than the length of a dollar from top to bottom. this is the only pic i have of them in the new tank. the fighting seems to be more about the territory of 3 males, they are the 3 biggest and one of them has been missing an eye since i got back from vacation a few months ago.

fish 001.jpg fish 003.jpg

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I concur..move the pair. this tank is big enough to house a pair with the others but..the pair will be more aggressive and may reachout on attacks.the best course of action is moving the pair.

did you vent the angels? I have had issues with males in the same tank..they will establish a pecking order but occassionally you may find a male that is highly aggressive.
in a new tank there could be territorial issues ..they may or may not subside.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
if moving the pair is not an option due to space issues of your home or whatever, you might try adding a few more tall plants to the tank to kinda break up the views of it so to speak.

satanpie

Banana plant addict.
Aug 25, 2007
Long Island NY
www.myspace.com
yeah, the pair is peaceful though, its the other males thatare the problem

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store