Dead rock - How long will it take to seed? - "Build Thread"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Riverserver

i r 2pro4u
Apr 13, 2007
I had a small piece of live rock (6" by 3")in a 1.5 gallon salt water tank. I had an emergency with the tank and had to dump all inhabitants from their water to my other tanks water in a bucket, then directly into main tank if they were to live at all. Surprisingly enough, everything did. I didn't think the two peppermint shrimp would make it, but they're alive and kicking.

I left the live rock and sand out of the water for about 2 months now, everything in it has completely died and its chalk white. I'm adding it back to my established tank to document how long it takes for it to completely re-seed with life again, so this should be an interesting thread. I'll try and take pictures week by week.

Stay tuned :grinyes:

Sarra

AC Members
Dec 8, 2007
I'm gonna end up doing the same thing myself with a few pieces of rock. I'm hoping for some algae within a few weeks.

schigara

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
Memphis, Tn
www.geocities.com
I would say 4-6 months to become as fully live as the LR that was already in the tank.

To just look like the rest of the rock, maybe as quick as 3 months.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store