clown fish vs flow. Round 1

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kodiak

Lovin it
Aug 13, 2007
Columbus, OH
my clown fish (a little guy, less than an inch) never leaves the top corner of the tank. Even when i feed him. the food will get blown around the surface then down into the tank, he will only eat what comes to him..

he sometimes, however seldom will swim in the flow.

i have a Koirala 1, and a Koirala 2. Its about a 33x turnover rate for a 30g. i still have some dead spots... i have another koirala 1 that i use to mix my salt water and im temped to put that in there but i don't want to see my clown hate his life.

i have a purple stripe dotty back that is always in the rock work (40 pounds) and he doesnt mind, it.

I have had the clown for about 4 weeks or something like that. maybe more... i got him valentines day weekend.(when ever that was).

any reasons he wont leave his "spot" by the heater? maybe he is hosting it but im just concerned!

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Personaly, i would not say its anything to be concerned about, unless food never gets to them...So many strange habbits do clownfish...Mine are the opposite of yours, they spend ages riding the "EAC" in my tank, thye love the flow...

Kodiak

Lovin it
Aug 13, 2007
Columbus, OH
haha, ya he has done that before...

i forgot to add, which is a huge part of why he might not be chasing down his food is the fact that he has black ich..

i dont want to medicate the tank, and i cant let it sit fallow. i have no QT for him. i have done 50% water change atleast 4 times last week and have vaced all the sand trying to get the little parasites out.

theres this whole nice tank with LR and corals yet the clown wont leave his corner!

SpockthePuffer

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
Pittsburgh
My Nemo'Ne stays to the right of the tank all day, barely ever goes to the left side of the tank. At night she stays at the very top of the tank, practically out of the water, which is where she sleeps.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
hehe EAC, that cracked me up.

Clowns act as though they have brain damage normally, one reason why I like them. I generally don't question their behavior.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
hehe EAC, that cracked me up.

Clowns act as though they have brain damage normally, one reason why I like them. I generally don't question their behavior.

LMAO......EAC dude.....ha ha ah....awsome film....

Anyways....yes, i have learnt to not bother questioning what my clowns do...lol...there is never any logic in their behavior.....lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store