Time to upgrade...??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

IIIIIIIIII

AC Members
Jan 24, 2008
I have a planted 29 gallon with approx 45 fish in it, YES I KNOW...before you freak, keep in mind alot are small tetras, barbs, panda cory's etc. I have a large pleco and large Syd. cat. and i think its time to rehome the SYD as well as some rosy barbs and what not but even after doing so im going to have about 30 fish. Is this a huge issue as long as the tank does not appear to be overcrowded?? There is a TON of open water space but no reak open gravel as its all planted and covered in large rock and driftwood. I have an angelicus loach and a bumbleecat as well as a banjo cat that hide under the logs...... if the community seems ok is this an issue? I want to upgrade to a 55 but my landlord worries about the strength of the house as I am on the thrid floor.

ANy thoughts?

dubels

AC Members
Mar 24, 2008
Umm you are way over stocked. Even if you just follow the one inch per a gallon rule you are overstocked. Is this even possible to stick all that fish you listed in that tank with it being planted and have enough room for them to swim. I call bs unless you show a full tank shot with all the 45 fish in the tank.

IIIIIIIIII

AC Members
Jan 24, 2008

well, its hard to see EVERY fish, but there are atleast 12 guppies, tetras and mollies you can see... my tank has as followed....

2 Bandit Cory's
2 Panda Cory's (TINY)
2 Rubber Plecos (tiny)
2 Common Plecos (1 large 1 small)
2 Sydontis Cats
1 Bumblebee cat
1 Banjo Cat
1 Spotted Rapheal Cat
1 Angelicus Botia
1 Juli Cat
1 Clown Pleco
5 Cardinal tetras
5 Black Neon Tetras
3 Cherry Barbs
2 Mollies
2 Guppies
2 Bleeding Heart Tetras
2 Rosy Barbs
4 Zebra Danios
4 Swordtails
2 Green Tiger Barbs
1 Otto Cat

4 Assorted Snails, and whatever else is growing in there....

IIIIIIIIII

AC Members
Jan 24, 2008
Ohh I forgot,

1 Zig Zag Eel...but he only comes out at night....

See, I cant put a bigger tank in here because of the weight.... I would transfer everyone into a 120 gallon and call it a Day!

BoredAgain

Cubs in '10
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Ohh I forgot,

1 Zig Zag Eel...but he only comes out at night....

See, I cant put a bigger tank in here because of the weight.... I would transfer everyone into a 120 gallon and call it a Day!
Then you need to pic 18 to 20 of your favorite fish and rehome the rest....then you can call it a day.

IIIIIIIIII

AC Members
Jan 24, 2008
even if i do that, as the pleco's grow larger they are going to need more open floor space correct?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store