Clowns

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TEL

AC Members
Apr 11, 2007
Brisbane Australia
I have 1 black/white clown and it is doing fine and so far i have brought 2 orange/white clowns and both of them have died,dose anyone know why only the black/white is the only one alive.:confused:

marinemad

marine mad
Apr 14, 2008
scotland
whats your water tests? black n white bullying? did you see the orange clowns eat in the lfs???

TEL

AC Members
Apr 11, 2007
Brisbane Australia
The tank is 4'x18"x20"h and this is the sump that is on it

The skimmer is an insump Octopus NW-110-6520 and is pulling good skim the sump is doing around about 1800 Lph /475gph. the bottom 2 drip trays are not there just havent got around to removing them from the picture and no chiller yet. the temp is 26c/78.8F the tank has a flow rate of about 6000 lph /1585gph lighting is 3 white and 1 blue artinic 39watt 14000k T-5's.The water paramaters are amonnia 0-nitratre 5 ph 8.4. very low stock at the moment.

Last edited:

Blossom112

AC Members
Feb 25, 2008
Toronto
if it isnt bullying, my guess it would be starvation ,i am having problems with my clowns eating anything .
they only like raw frozen shrimp ,chopped up small ,and the frozen cubes .
They dont seem to fancy the flakes or the shrimp pellets , god only knows why .
Getting fish from LFS u dont know if they are starving i would go as far as over feeding for 2 days then wait and see .
I over fed my tank 2weeks as i got 2 goby's and LG brittle star and 4 different corals ,all have survived 2 weeks so far and now we are going in to clean up our mess
:), i just dont trust any store as they are non refundable and i didnt want to loose the goby's they cost me 60+tax ,corals were 40+tax each .if they starve them enough when we get them they die and no refund we have to buy again ,call me paranoid but only one person will profit and it isnt me ! lol
good luck !

nycsicktank

AC Members
Oct 20, 2005
nyc
please answer this following so we can help you better

-Tank Size?
-how much pounds of LIVE ROCK and LAND SAND?
-Whats inside the Sump beside Skimmer?
-Do you have Powerhead? If so, what kind?

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
how long has the tank been set up?
did you cycle the tank?
were there any marks on the clowns? any spots? extra slime? etc.
were they eating?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store