Help!...Very Sick Clown

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

amanda_

AC Members
Jul 24, 2007
I've had a clownfish for a couple months and recently he has been keeping his mouth open wide. He'll swim up to my frogspawn and put his mouth against it, swim away, go back and do the same thing, touching his mouth to the frogspawn. For the past 2 days he always has his mouth open very wide. What is causing this??? Is it going to spread to my other fish??? How can I cure him???

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Are there any other symptoms with the clown? does it appear to be heavy breathing? rapid gill movement?

Also, i would get some Maracyn 2 in, just in case this is a bacterial infection with the fish...Always a nice product to have handy....Do you have a quarantine tank running/ready?

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
sometimes its bacteria infection, other times its been isopods inside the mouth....If its a bacteria infection, then quarantine should be done and medicated...If its isopods, then removing with tweezers is needed..

amanda_

AC Members
Jul 24, 2007
his mouth seems swollen...no other symptoms except his behaviour (touching his mouth to the frogspawn)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store