Hey all, the Pinto is here :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PintoHawk

Fancy Dalmatian Mollies
Apr 19, 2008
Taber, Alberta, Canada
My name is Anna, and I live in Taber, Alberta. I am 26, engaged to be married this June to an awesome guy. We have 3 (horrible/adorable) cats.

I received a 20 gallon setup just a couple months ago from my soon-to-sister-in-law, all for free (bonus), so I decided to jump into fishkeeping again, which I haven't done for years. I used to keep a community tank with a bit of everything peaceful (high school days), and at another time, I was breeding Convicts. Not that I had much to do with it, they were pretty good at it without my help. Haha.

After I got the 20 gallon, I did some refresher-research on livebearers and breeding, and opted for a nice little 10 gallon, which finished cycling just recently (finally!), to use as my growing-out tank. I have a feeling the original 20 gallon will become the growing-out tank, because a couple weeks ago my boss gave me (free again, yay) another 20 gallon, it is long, very nice, but had no lid. We figured out a home-made Lexan canopy and light box, and it is working pretty nicely now.

I am focusing on livebearers: black & white Mollies (most Dalmatians, a few darker Marble), and eventually, possibly, some nice Guppies. I have a few Mollies right now, nice ones, but am looking for some more good stock. Got a new VERY spotty female recently, she is beautiful, and a good strong male, with beautiful sailfin. Still looking for that perfect Dalmatian male, although my current male, a very dark Marble dude, is pretty darn nice.

I have been playing with rocks and silicone alot lately, making some beautiful ornaments for my tanks, will have to pst some photos of that later. Also tried to make my own tank plants, but they ended up looking mental, to be honest. LOL

So, yeah, that's the basics I suppose.

Nice to meet you all, hoping to make some fishy friends on here for trades and advice and whatnot.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
Hi, welcome to AC! I look forward to seeing pictures of your tanks and especially the homemade ornaments. Hope you like the site!

BoredAgain

Cubs in '10
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Hi, welcome to the site. Sounds like you are going to make an excellent addition! Post pics when you have some and don't be afraid to jump in and help other people out with your knowledge. :)

PintoHawk

Fancy Dalmatian Mollies
Apr 19, 2008
Taber, Alberta, Canada
Wow, thank you, that was fast. :D I am looking forward to becoming part of this community!
I am posting from work right now but when I get home this afternoon I will get some photos up for you guys to see. ;)

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store