discus doodie

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fish_e_o

AC Members
Jun 12, 2003
Canada
Visit site
i was reading an articlt in "ask jack" from like 1993 and he says that white stringy doodie is the sign of sickness so i looked at my fish and sure enough white stringy doodie i thought it might just be the food i feed mysis shrimp large white freshwater shrimp (more protien than brine shrimp brine shrimp 5% mysis shrimp 68%) any one out there know because i don't want to put these ones into my system unless they are completly healthy.

Awestralian

Awesome...
May 22, 2003
Sydney, Australia
au.geocities.com
Mine did the same when i first got them.
Hadnt paid much attention to the colour of their poop whilst they were in the shop, so i dont know if they were just unwell from the move. Anyways, in less than 2 weeks, it had returned to a darker, more healthy colour.

How long have you had yours?

I feed mine frozen blood worms and a frozen discus dinner pack.
They looooooooooove the blood worms...

dave76

Home Zookeeper in Training....
May 13, 2003
Midlothian, TX
dodaniel.tripod.com
I have as of yet to find a fish that does not like blood worms, all my cichlids absolutley love them.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
I know I have a link to Discus' disease -- somewhere, I can't find it now. That symptom is a sign of a parasite and/or stress.

As in the other post, feed them bloodworms too, and how old are they? When mine were "new" two of them had minor bouts with that symptom.

What is your water temp? Do you Angel fish in the tank too?

VoodooChild

Kissin' the Sky
Dec 17, 2001
MN
Visit site
Don't have anything to say. I just wanted to give you kudos on your thread title. Cracked me up:)

fish_e_o

AC Members
Jun 12, 2003
Canada
Visit site
i've had my discus for 2 months now and i'm just noticing it now (not to say they didn't have it before). i'm not exactly sure of the age but they are all from the same batch and are anywhere from 2 - 4 inches. all of them are active feeders and eat from my hand. there are no other fish in the tank and the water temp is 30 C or i think 85 f or 86 f.thanks it took me awhile to think of that title.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store