Current Nova Extreme Pro versus Tek

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

beeven

AC Members
Feb 12, 2008
Washington, DC
Friends,
I'm looking to upgrade the lighting on my tank from PC's to t5's and I'm tossing between two different fixtures: Current USA Nova Extreme Pro Series and the Tek.

The Current Extreme Pro seems to be much more economical since it comes with the mounting legs, the lights, and a splash guard... The Tek comes with nothing; even the bulbs are options. Is there's a catch to the NOVA Extreme fixture. Are the lights not as good as the Tek? What makes the Tek so much more expensive? Is it quality, amount of light, quality of light? Or does the price difference reflect only the finish?

My goal of the upgrade is to be able to keep SPS and actually have them grow. Would the Current Nova Pro enable me to do this?

First hand advice between the two light fixtures would be appreciated. Second had advice is also helpful. Thank you in advance.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
The Tek will be the better fixture, mainly due to their reflectors. They are designed better than the Current ones. Bulb choice, while being more expensive, also allows for better bulb options. As far as pricing, it is due to the materials, engineering, "look," and name. What size tank do you have? Dimensions?

Danyal

AC Members
May 20, 2007
the difference between the two is very significant, the nova fixture has a single shared reflector while the tek has the indiviual parabolic reflectors that give t5s their advantages.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store