WOO STEELHEAD!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

crazycanuck

The quitter never wins
Mar 10, 2008
ontario,canada
im totally pumped cuz steelhead fishing opens here on satuday!

fishing is the one thing i love more than my aquariums,theres just something about it. the last 2 yeasr ive gotten into fly fishing,the guy at the flyshop was right,it is an art. its so majestic. i caught my firts steelhead last year ( very picky fish!), it took me 3 hours of casting to the same school ,in the same pool to catch the one fish. but boy will i ever remember that fish..i raised the tip of the rod to make another cast, ( at this point id pretty much given up on ACTUALLY catching somthing lmao ) i thought i was stuck on a rock. then that rock jumped clear over my head! it was a 10 pound steelhead and it CLEARED my head and went for a hundred yard run downstream. man what a fight,5 jumps and 15 mins later i landed the fish, on 4 pound test line . i quickly released him back to the water to grow some more :)

curious,does anyone here fish steelhead?? they are a little hard ot catch ,and require ALOT of patience,research,trial and error,and time,but man is it worth it when you hook one :)

crazycanuck

The quitter never wins
Mar 10, 2008
ontario,canada
nobody ? :grinyes:

fballguy

yum
Feb 27, 2006
Everett, WA
www.freshwaterfanatics.com
I caught a steelhead once. I was with a group and we were fishing for king salmon in the Columbia River. Everybody in the group caught a king, and they were all between 30 and 50 pounds. All I caught was this wimpy little 8 pound steelhead.

Tay690

Addicted to Loaches
Feb 5, 2009
I would love to try for some steelhead but none of the lakes / rivers I frequent have any salmon or even trout for that matter

I would love to hook a pig of a salmon

My longest fight I've ever had was in Florida...hooked a 22lb black grouper and it just dove under a rock...30 minutes of tugging this beast from his hiding spot...get it up to the boat and the fishing guide measured it and said "It's too small...we have to throw it back"

Of course my response was "WHAT?!?!?!!" lol

Beaux

AC Members
Jun 13, 2009
we dont have trout or anything like that local to me but i do alot of "crappie" fishin here(white pirch or sacolet is the cajun word for em..lol said like "sack o lay") but for the big fish here some of the locals to this lake, the ross barnette reservour, have a fun lil hobby called "noodeling" for catfish. they build and sink boxes in shallow water then check them every few days and "hand grab" the fish..lol. check out mississippihandgrabbing.com for more info. enjoy!
Beaux

Beaux

AC Members
Jun 13, 2009
ok sorry again about that foobar sight try this video or search ross barnett reservour noodeling..
m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DJa2KnOZe14I&v=Ja2KnOZe14I
hope that works!
Beaux

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Never went for steelhead but I sure would like to try for them. I have landed some big fish from the beach or boat and I always love the fight the big ones give you.

We have trout (stocked) in our rivers and streams but have to go inshore or offshore for the really big fish.

midiamin

MidiAmin
Jan 29, 2005
San Francisco
I fish for steelhead every year in Northern California. When you hook one, afterwards your the one who is hooked. Unbelievable fight and beautiful fish. Caught my first one 2 years ago on spinner. Gonna go again this year when the season opens. You won't believe it until you try it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store