NEED HELP!!! Green star polyp

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

imdaring

Registered Member
Apr 16, 2008
Hi I'm new to this board, I'm 35 and a stay at home mom of Bailey 61/2, Megan 3 & Jayden 6 month old, My salt water tank is my hobbie I also have a 2000 Gal fish pond that i dug and built my self with a water fall and the works, I have had a salt water tank for about 2 years now and have decided to upgrade to a reef tank..

new to my tank are
3 anemones
a sun coral that I'm trying to lure out and is slowly deciding that it wants to show its face :dive2:
a few polyps
and my problem child any advice!!! I have a green star polyp that will not open it has been in my tank for about 5 days here is a photo its the 1 photo the rest are of my tank

Attached Thumbnails

ChangDriX

AC Members
Aug 5, 2007
515 Iowa
wow! i like your tank it's a diffrent look than most i've seen it's really cool and clean looking. what are your water params? is that an undergravel filter?

imdaring

Registered Member
Apr 16, 2008
wow! i like your tank it's a diffrent look than most i've seen it's really cool and clean looking. what are your water params? is that an undergravel filter?
I do have a unergravel filter My water params are PH 8.2, Ammonia 0ppm, NO2 0.25pm, NO3 0ppm any advice

boomsticks

Mike
Dec 7, 2005
NH
Yeah they don't like direct flow and give them low light to begin with then slowly acclimate them to higher light. I actually "burned" mine when I installed my metal halides went from PC 64 watt lighting to a 150 watt MH and they freaked and almost died. Kept them shaded for a couple days and they were fine afterwards.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store