dart frogs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
i bought some dart frogs at a reptile show and id like to know more about them. especially their breeding habits. heres a pic

its not mine but its the same type, which would be.....................

Bagshaw

AC Members
Mar 13, 2008
This is an Azure dart drog.
They are a terrestrial frog, also they are more likley still froglets so wont breed for a year!

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
he can tell b/c dart frogs are usually sold as froglets and he is assuming that your new frog is one too

Bagshaw

AC Members
Mar 13, 2008
Frogs at rep shows are almost always froglets. You wont be able to breed for a while.
Hopefully you have some fruit flys ready though.

nx2ured

AC Members
Dec 25, 2007
East TN
Darts

I'm not dogging you because I have done the same thing with other pets, but you really should know about a pet before you invest. Darts need high humidity. They also need fruit flies (which you have to culture and can be quite a task). The flies must be dusted with rep-cal and herpivite every feeding. If you want more info, try dendroboard.com. BTW, the frog is an Azureus. The females will fight and even kill each other when they mature (some show agression as young as 6 months).

Lisa

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
i had every intention of buying darts at the show so i reserched them as much as i could. and i asked every question i could think of to the person i was buying them from. they are eating small crickets and termites and ther humitity is about 95

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store