treating a tank with zebras

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

softsnap

Banned
Dec 12, 2002
Moscow, Russia
Visit site
it seems my fish (neolamprologus Brichardi) has caught ichthyphthirius. i bought Super Ick Cure (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.), but I am worried how it will affect my hypancistrus zebras? (the directions for use say "some scaleless fish are sensitive to this medication") has anybody got any experience?

clayt101

Registered Abuser
I wouldn't use the full dosage, try cutting it in half and see what happens. I would also recomend increaseing the water temperature into the mid 80 degrees F.

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
Too Late, but if it ever happens gain, try the medications for ich that is made JUST for scaleless fish. I used this when I first started the hobby and one of my fish had ich. Worked great. Price is like 3 times the normal medicine, But works great on scaleless fish :)

Serrateeth_2002

Godzilla
Nov 3, 2002
Singapore
They say sensitive means put half dosage as a scaled fish,that's what mine said,they didn't say not suitable

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
I dont know? All I know is that if you have to use ich medications, use the scaleless medication for scaleless fish. im not sure about the armored question.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store