SAE disappeared!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

alym

AC Members
Mar 24, 2008
If I ever find the guy, I'm changing his name to Copperfield...I know for fact I added 2 SAE fish to my 25 gallon tank just under 2 wks ago...I only see one of them. I have checked the cannister filter, I have watched the tank for 30 mins but to no avail - he has simply vanished.

Fearing the worst, I even checked behind the tank or on the floor...but nothing!

Do SAE fish have a habit of hiding?:help:

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
I wouldn't worry to much right now, yes they can hid and very well. Did you just notice him missing or has it been a while now? Keep an eye out for him...I'll bet he will show up soon.

Good luck

SpockthePuffer

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
Pittsburgh
Have you checked your water parameters? If you have signs of ammonia that would tell you that he is dead in there. He could be hiding, are there a lot of places that he could be hiding in?

I hate to say it but do you have any animals that could have eaten him if he had jumped out? Its a good possibility he could have jumped ship and be eaten before you noticed he was gone...

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
They are really good at hiding. I have had tiny fish such as otos that I could swear were long gone and then one day voila...there they are. Give it some time. I'll bet he shows up when you are least expecting it.

Marinemom

alym

AC Members
Mar 24, 2008
No animals that could eat him here (though I do love sushi)....there are two SAEs in the tank, one is always around...so strange!

alym

AC Members
Mar 24, 2008
Well, it's been another few hours and David Copperfish (his new name) is still missing...will keep you all posted if I ever find him!

lucy42083

AC Members
Jan 20, 2008
Wappingers Falls, NY
I've had both SAEs and Otos go missing for WEEKS in my tank, while I saw their buddies every day. I had pretty much assumed they were gone, and then when I least expect it, I look in my tank and there it is!! Like I said, I have gone several weeks to a month without seeing SAEs before, they can hide well. I bet just when you have given up that you will see him again, he will reappear.

alym

AC Members
Mar 24, 2008
David Copperfish has been found!
God only knows where he was hiding. Thanks everyone!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store