Silver Dragon Goby?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SchizotypalVamp

The REAL AC Mafia
Mar 18, 2008
California
Hey all, my fiance was at the petstore today and saw some fish labeled as "Silver Dragon Goby". They supposedly only grow to six inches long, though the guy he talked to tried to sell him a glass eel last time. It had the body and coloration of a dragon goby. This is an independent LFS with a good track record. Do any of you know what it is?

SpockthePuffer

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
Pittsburgh
I've never heard of a "silver" dragon goby, just a dragon goby but I would venture to guess its the same thing especially since you say it looked the same as a regular dragon goby...

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
My LFS also has dragon( violet) gobies listed as silver dragon gobies. After doing my homweork, I found there is no difference at my LFS. just another added on word to make kids want them more.... and then kill them * tsk tsk*

ilovemydragon

Registered Member
Jul 5, 2010
i know this is an old post. but i just wanted to add that i myself have a violet dragon goby, i saw a silver dragon goby at a pet store yesterday...and there actually very different looks. their faces are a bit different and they seem to sit in the substrate a bit differently too

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store