Bengai Cardinal with mouth open

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lanimret

AC Members
Apr 1, 2008
Not sure whats going on here, one of my Cardinals is swimming around with his mouth open. It was wide open the other day, now its just partially open. He's not acting unusual, breathing heavy, anything like that, and he is still eating greedily. Any clue whats going on here? Friend said he could be mouth brooding, but he's not specifically clear on this species brooding behavior.

If he is mouth brooding, I will be stunned because the second cardinal has only been in the tank for a week, and the one with its mouth open is 2 months old. Seems a little quick...

emptywallet

another youngling who is clueless
Apr 19, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
David
is there other bangai cardinals in the tank maybe its mouth brooding...also when i got my corys they freaked out and layed eggs everywhere right after i got them so who knows it might think it might die so it wants to reproduce...guppys can be pregnate after 6 weeks so who knows to? sorry no help at all lol

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
Mine often swims around with its mouth open, whether or not he's holding eggs. You never know, he could be practising:grinyes:

As long as if there are no other visible signs of illness, I wouldn't worry about it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store