ADF's

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
I might get a few for my empty(except for a few fry) 10g, and wanted to kow as much about them as possible.
I won't be getting them for a few weeks if I do.
What do they like?
I know the ones at my LFS like bloodworms, BS, and flakes, anything else?

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Thawed/live worms are usually all you can get them to eat. Some will take pellets, but it isn't commonplace.

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
I've heard that before, that's why I was surprised at them eating those things.. I just got a bunch of live blackworms and have mosquito larvae and some other larvae(forgot the name).
I don't think they can eat the adult blackworms, can they?

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
My ADFs can eat a huge pinch of bloodworms at a time. I don't think 1 adult sized bloodworm would even fill him up. Go for a pinch of bloodworms each every 2 days.

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
My ADFs can eat a huge pinch of bloodworms at a time. I don't think 1 adult sized bloodworm would even fill him up. Go for a pinch of bloodworms each every 2 days.
Alrighty, I may be going to a LFS tomorrow, and I'll check out their albino ADFs.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
Beware, the albino's are usually ACF's (african clawed frogs) which get pretty large and will eat most smaller fish. ADF's stay about an inchish and are very docile and are usually brownish in color.

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
Beware, the albino's are usually ACF's (african clawed frogs) which get pretty large and will eat most smaller fish. ADF's stay about an inchish and are very docile and are usually brownish in color.
I don't mind getting an ACF, that would give me a reason to set up another tank :idea:
I almost got an adult albino ACF that was in NC... but I didn't want to risk him dying on the trip home.

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
Well I got an ADF... lol I knew what he was, and I got 25% off because he has a deformed leg.. he's special :D
I have him in a net to keep him away my fry for a while.

000_6928.JPG 000_6929.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store