Snowflake Eel, please help!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AkaCupid

AC Members
Sep 7, 2007
I walked inside of the Aquatics Lab at school and I noticed that my youngest snowflake eel "Reef" was just letting his head rest in the bubbler, i noticed tht he was twitching a little bit, so I grabbed a net and tried to help him swim on, he still did not move and he was very stale even withthe net around him. We found some fighting marks right where his head is, could he have died from the other bigger eel cutting into his chest and scrapping away all of his organs and making him internally bleed? please let me know, so I can tell my teacher what has happened. We buried him underneath a rose bush. May he rest in peace.

~Ashlee~

OldManOfTheSea

AC Members
Mar 21, 2007
Hillsborough NC
Hi Ashlee and im sorry about the sfe :(

Tanks water Parameters? What was it prior before the sfe died?

What was the tanks salinity level at? Ph? Nitrates?

Never if something as this ever took places again, do you try in using a net to move the ill faith eel around for which would also only cause far more greater stress on the eel.

We found some fighting marks right where his head is, could he have died from the other bigger eel cutting into his chest and scrapping away all of his organs and making him internally bleed?
That young Ashlee is a bad No, No. never have a small eel in the same tank with a much larger one. This is possible that this other eel has put the bite on this young eel and caused it much injury and a great deal of stress. If you not mind, what size tank is this, and what size were both the eels? And were they of the same species?

Also, on adding any eel, specially a smaller eel that would most certainly die from a bite attack, add a second eel to what I believe be is a small tank, too small a tank for these eels. Also, eels will bite, even their mated partner when hungry and this not would make any differences if they were together for a good number of years. Eels are aggressive when hungry.

I hope I said it right as I wanted too, I been up since 5am and had my twins grandchildren all day, so im tired. If not understood, quote and ask what I meant by saying that. Sorry

Buddy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store