planting?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
ok so i have a plaudarium as shown in my previous thread "tank fogging!!!!"
currently i have a brom and some lucky bamboo in there. i think that the brom is dying... it is right by my waterfall so i think that it is getting too much water how can i plant it elsewhere b/c its in a hole that i dug out of the greatstuff background. im adding some floating plants in there for my fbts (water lettuce or water hyacinth?) what are some good choices for plants for the land/air section? what are some good choices for the water section and wat can i put in the water and have it coming out into the air?

sorry for all the Questions, ijm new to aquarium/plaudarium planting.
Thanx...dabruno

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
tilansia or air plants. they grow on practicly nothing and still look great. home depo has a few and depending on the region you live in you may be able to find some. plant stores normaly dont have a huge selection but a place i know has about a million so.....

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
wow that is nice
can i go with any tillandsia?
how do i plant them?
also how do i plant broms properly?

how bout pothos how can i plant that?

and for the slate section i want some type of moss or low mossy-like plant to make it all green-------- what type of moss can/should i use?

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
to plant them you just put them where u want them. dont plant them in soil, hang them with wire on the back, ther roots hanging in the air. the waterfall will keep them alive. some broms need to go in soil, others hang like tilansia. depends on what your getting. spanish moss is a tilansia species that is more in apperence like moss, but its only green when wet otherwise is grayish green

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
what are some good plants that will creep along the backround and how can i plant them there?

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
hello anyone there?
i would like to get this thing planted asap but i need to know wat i can safely put in there b4 i actually plant it.

ohbly

AC Members
Feb 9, 2006
New Zealand
for climbers that cling to the back, creeping fig and climbing philodendrons are very easy to grow and look good.
With mosses some types grow better than others. For my tank I used about a dozen different kinds of wild mosses that I found outside and all but one is growing and doing well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store