Pleco, Arowana & Giant Gourami

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

<><FunSize><>

AC Members
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
Just wondering if a Arowana (Osteoglossum bicirrhosum) or a Giant Guorami (Osphronemus goramy) would go better with a pleco from what i have read the Gourami seems to be the go but i would rather a Arowana.

The tank is 150 gal and the type of Arowana i an getting is the smaller australian breed.

Has anyone every tryed a set up like this and are there any other lage fish that would go with a grown pleco and live in peace

Cheers for the help

terror

AC Members
May 23, 1999
Manila, Philippines
think..

it'll depend on the personality of your fish.
i have 2 tanks. with an arowana each.
my red golden always like to beat up and kill plecos but my super red arowana gets along well with my pleco.

think it'll work , just give your pleco a piece of wood to hide under. or somewhere to hide:)

<><FunSize><>

AC Members
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
The Pleco is about 7inches at the moment and it will have heaps of places for it to hide and crap plus the other fish will be brought at the smallest size i can find that way it will grow up with the pleco cause i have heard stories of fish respecting bigger fish even if they get bigger

so yeah i am hoping it will work cause i don't want my pleco to die

thanks 4 your info

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store