suggestions for hiding places

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Katz

AC Members
Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
Does anyone have suggestions to give my cories better hiding places? They usually hide in a corner by the thermometer (which they get off the glass about once a day). I added a flat rock tilted on a smaller rock, but they only use it for jumping in the evening after lights out. Fun to watch, but I want them to be happy during the day. The step-kids just came back from summer break, so stress level due to traffic is up.

I find the readily available decorations (castles etc.) just hideous, and most rocks I have found in the strore do not provide caves as such for them to go into.

Please see previous post for pics. They were taken before I propped the stone up, but you'll get the idea.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks!:p

WaterBaby

Senior Member with Senior Moments
Sep 23, 2002
Florence, New Jersey
Camera Used
I use an iPhone 8 camera
What my corys love is a terracotta (clean and never been used) planting pot.

Bury it a little on its side and put a low bushy plant in front of the mouth. Not directly in front, they need room to get around it but it will give them the feeling of being in a cave.

In the back of the pot, if the hole is big enough for them to go through and get stuck, bury the back into the gravel or sand a bit to cover the hole

PumaWard

In loving memory of Meeko
Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
I nice piece of driftwood would also work nicely.

Beth

>>>
Apr 7, 2003
Henderson, KY
Visit site
Plants! My cories love my water wisteria. They love to hide underneath and I also find them resting high up in the leaves, too.

Katz

AC Members
Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
alas...I am very good at making sure plants do not survive. I have managed to kill Basil, by putting it into a bigger pot...

Has anyone tried Coconuts?

WaterBaby

Senior Member with Senior Moments
Sep 23, 2002
Florence, New Jersey
Camera Used
I use an iPhone 8 camera
Can't kill a fake plant ;)

GoLdFiSh_GrL

Aquarius
Aug 25, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.xanga.com
OOOOO!!!!!! i luv corys they're sooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!

Clownloach458

Three years, so litte posts
Nov 23, 2001
Beckley Wva
here is what me and my cousin(sweedishfish) Love to do.. first u get 3 rocks,put 2 beside eachother. then put one on top. making like a pyramid, with some space between the two rock at the base, making some sort of a cave, i currently have 2 in my aquarium, the clownloaches and cories, rtbs, and flying fox.. Love them... er sorry.. cant find a pic

GoLdFiSh_GrL

Aquarius
Aug 25, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.xanga.com
gr8 idea! cool, yet inexpensive...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store