Been awhile....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sportsnutim

AC Members
Jan 1, 2007
Western Washington
all my fish have been doing really well now my wife and have noticed one of the discus is not acting right not eating like he used to. All my water para's are ok, did a water change a couple of days ago. His skin seems fine just hangs out on the bottom is eating some but not like the others. Any ideas? He is not floating abnormally just odd behavior. Will not eat blood worms. The others go crazy for them.:confused:

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
I have the same question as Lupin. If they go off of food and seem lethargic, with no other outward signs, it could indicate a parasite. Did this fish ever take FBW enthusiastically?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
More info about the tank..size...fish in it...current parameters..what other foods that are being ignored...

Sportsnutim

AC Members
Jan 1, 2007
Western Washington
I was looking at him and it looks like I may have to quaratine him. He is really listless now. It looks like his skin is getting darker under his chin near the bottom part of his gills. Any ideas? Very concerned!

Sportsnutim

AC Members
Jan 1, 2007
Western Washington
I get it....hello. The tank 55 gallons 4 discus 6 Black neons, 4 Cardinals, 2 Farlowellas. Para's 0 Nitrites 0 Nitrates, 0 Ammonia, and 6.4 Ph H20 temp 83 F. Eating Discus Granules, Menu Mix and Blood worms frozen he hasn't been eating these ones.

Sportsnutim

AC Members
Jan 1, 2007
Western Washington
I have to leave for awhile. But I really need some help here unfortunately I don't have a quarantine tank yet. Another problem my mates (discus) hatched about 30-50 eggs this could be a problem?

terror spawnin

AC Members
Jun 2, 2007
Maybe you should get a tank divider to seperate it from the others. It could be the one being picked on by the spawners so it is likely to be extremely exhausted to near death. Seperating it will allow a good rest to feel better if this is the case.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store