Whats good rock other than LR or Coral?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

VT_Chris

AC Members
May 3, 2008
Blacksburg, VA
I have a rather large piece of lava rock i took back from Hawaii this past christmas, and various other pieces. Can they be placed in SW aquariums?

if so what would be the best way to sanitize it before introduction?

horner420

AC Members
Feb 27, 2005
SE Pa, 19547
i would send it back. rock bad mojo. quote from a web site i found.

This is based purely on superstition... According to the Hawaii Board of Tourism and The Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, they get lava rocks mailed back to them on a daily basis. It is said that taking a lava rock from Hawaii will cause its taker bad luck. It has become quite an urban legend and a stories have appeared on the Travel Channel. One tale was told of a man who once had an extremely successful and fortunate life until his return from Hawaii. The man had taken a rock from the volcano and did not heed the warning from the old man he met in the mountain. Upon returning home, he found his stocks fell, his company was about to go under, his prize fish died (the tank he put the rock in), his car rolled out on the street and crashed itself, and he slipped and had a nasty bump. Because of this, his wife left him fearing he had gone insane. He eventually returned the rock and his life began to get back on track. Again, this is pure superstition but many have claimed bad luck in the name of Hawaii's lava rocks!

:eek3:

VT_Chris

AC Members
May 3, 2008
Blacksburg, VA
yea i heard that too. thats why i took some. Lava rocks are really cool. Not very many people can say they own a piece of land thats younger then they are. The lava chunk i have is probably one pound, and was formed in 87'. I am two years older than this rock. Superstition is a handicap. Thanks for the post though!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store