5g betta tank mate?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

satanpie

Banana plant addict.
Aug 25, 2007
Long Island NY
www.myspace.com
Maybe im crazy but my new betta looks kind of lonely in his new home, is thgere anyhitng that could live happily in this 5g with it? Also an off topic question mybe i could get a quick answer, how do you guys get things like cucumber and lettuce to sink?

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
tank mates really depend on the temperament of the betta, my son has an apple snail in his 5g wiht a male betta...i can't have anything with mine in a 16g. As far as sinking veggies, I use a plastic coated chip clip. Works like a charm, some other options are forks, veggie clips (way overpriced in my mind), plant weights, etc

VT_Chris

AC Members
May 3, 2008
Blacksburg, VA
you could put a rock on the center of the lettuce and the rock will sink carrying the lettuce...that is if you have rock in the tank. In what form are you placing the cucumber in the tank? little bite sized pieces, slivers, or whole cross sections?

sillypony

Fish+College=BROKE
Mar 27, 2008
WNY
I second the above about tankmates. Make sure he has caves and stuff, and he'll be happy. Maybe a snail, but anything other than that and you may find yourself taking it out... Especially in such a small tank.

I put a fork through the side of zucchini cross sections to sink it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store