oranda with ich

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

baggage

baggage
Feb 28, 2008
calgary ab. canada
just got back from my lfs and there was this oranda there absolutly covered with ich i asked about it they said somebody brought in the oranda and several platys in all 10 that were housed in a 5 gallon tank so sad when people buy tanks and fish without doing homework first all platys died with in couple of hours and from what i saw oranda doesnt have long what can we do to educate the ignorant and iresponsable fish newbies so this doesnt happen in the future

Virtuoso2K12

Mar 2, 2008
Southern CA
well i'm 16 a fish hobbist for over 9 years and at petstoes like petco you'll need a guardian of 18 or older so that they can allow you to purchase fish,maybe they should do the same to LSF.

wildman117

AC Members
May 13, 2008
D-M-V
either that or when you are trying to buy the fish you should have to describe the tank you have set up and what else you have

and what if the newbie is over 18 then who is held responsible

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
either that or when you are trying to buy the fish you should have to describe the tank you have set up and what else you have

and what if the newbie is over 18 then who is held responsible
It really depends on the store's policy to be able to figure out the situation. In business, they target profit over moral standards. If the individual is not allowed to ask questions that might or might not let the customer proceed to buying what he needs, then the store can be held morally responsible for that. Imagine buying a new tank and in some cases, it is too small for the standard size recommended, there is not much to be expected from a fish you bought the same day assuming the tank was not immediately seeded so rising levels of ammonia and nitrites can at least be avoided. It's the customer's loss, the store's gain.

An individual can be held morally responsible however if he chooses to give the wrong advice intentionally convincing the customer that what he is talking about is bound to work when he has never experienced or even tried it. He can also be held responsible if he chooses to follow his supervisor's orders to do what he knows is not right. In the end, the individual should know what is right and what is wrong. Even if he tries to do what he thinks is not right, then what he did is immoral.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
The best thing to do is to recommend that every purchase is researched first for compatability and tank size, as well as how to recognize healthy fish.

baggage

baggage
Feb 28, 2008
calgary ab. canada
the lfs that took the fish were not the ones that sold them and yes they did take them but they were in a quaratine tank the lfs that i go to is the largest privitely owened store in canada www.piscespets.com very educated staff able to answer most questions asked and yes they care

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store