Inverts in a Cichlid Tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jri4

AC Members
May 15, 2008
Hypothetically, I would really like some sort of snail or other invertebrate species to help keep my 75 gallon African Cichlid Tank looking spotless. With Africans being such agressive fish, is there any invert that can live peacefully with them? Thanks!

pixl8r

MacroShrimpBreeder
May 11, 2007
Utah
Yep, I wouldn't recommend a larger snail, the cichlids would likely bite chunks off of the foot of apple/mystery snails.

Also, MTS will reproduce like bunnies, provided enough algae to eat.

jri4

AC Members
May 15, 2008
Well, I don't really have an algae problem... I want invertebrates because I think they are cool and would be a preventative to algae blooms... I am not set on buying snails, but any invert that would be compatible with African Cichlids (if there is one). From what I can tell, you never know with Cichlids how they will react. I wouldn't mind having a few MTS though just to help keep the tank clean ( I have an extremely lazy Synodontis Catfish) Thanks for all your help!

If anyone has experience with Inverts inside an African Cichlid tank, please share!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store