Fungus treatment not working?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

KuchDaddy

Hu-Mans, listen to me.
Jan 24, 2007
Vienna, VA
I posted a while back asking advice about diagnosing a fuzzy growth on one of my rasboras:

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152250

The consensus was fungus, so I moved the little guy into a 10 gallon tank for treatment. It was suggested that I use Jungle Labs Fungus Eliminator, but I couldn't find any, I so I got Kordon Rid-Fungus.

I have been treating daily for eleven days and I think the fungus has actually grown over the last couple days.

Do you think it is time to try something else, or should I stick with it.

My LFS does have "Fungus Clear Tank Buddies", which are tablets, made by Jungle Labs.

I guess my question is whether or not you guys think this treatment is taking too long and whether there is a product that works faster. He doesn't seem too happy in the QT tank all by himself. :-(

Thanks!

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
If the treatment is not working then there really is no sense in continuing the treatment since at this point all it is doing is stressing out the poor little guy. I would do a water change and use carbon for the next 24 hours to remove any leftover meds from the treatment after the water change. Clean water is probably your best bet at this point. I am unsure if a salt and high temp. treatment will work for this kind of problem. If you want to try another treatment, make sure to do a water change first and run carbon for 24 hours in the filter before starting another treatment.

Marinemom

chesterthehero

AC Members
Apr 19, 2008
corona, ca
ive never used the jungle stuff. i would have looked into maracyn or maracyn 2 or some other antibiotic that may target the problem. marinemom is right though. give the little raspbora a break for now before beginning anything new.

KuchDaddy

Hu-Mans, listen to me.
Jan 24, 2007
Vienna, VA
Last night I did a 50% water change and added carbon to the filter, and was planning on starting new meds tonight, but the little guy was dead this morning. He had rough week, not too suprised. :-(

I guess I won't try that Kordon stuff again.

Thanks for the advice that you all gave me, I'll be able to handle the situation better if it arises again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store