Tankmate For A Blue Cray?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Piperspop

Will Work For SPS.
Feb 8, 2008
Minneapolis
Hello,
I am going to be picking up a Blue Cray in the next couple weeks and was wondering what fish, if any, would anyone suggest to share the tank. I have a 38 gallon rectangle tank, I also have driftwood, live plants, and will add a cave soon. Thanks. Also, any tips that have helped anyone keep these guys healthy would be great.

AquatiCreations

Registered something or another...
Feb 25, 2008
Problem with crays are they are nippers even if they cant hold a fish down and eat it they will nip the scales off of the fish and eventually die,due to disease or stress..Crayfish need a tank all to themselves.

bumpylemon

AC Members
May 3, 2008
my 2 crays get along well with my dwarf gouramis...and 1 of my corys lives in the same cave as 1 of my crays. no matter what people tell you NO ONE KNOWS. its all bout the personality of each animals.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Another cray. Sooner or later, if the cray can snag a fish, it will. Then the owners come crying for a dry shoulder.

emptywallet

another youngling who is clueless
Apr 19, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
David
Hmmm i never heard of a bue cray before lol
hmm i guessing you should test your cray and see how it does with a minnow or a guppy to see its aggressiveness...or put something that you can see its aggressiveness...

Last edited:

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
feeders.

emptywallet

another youngling who is clueless
Apr 19, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
David
pretty much what i said -.-

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
yup. just agreeing dude. that's what i got in with my yabbie.

SchizotypalVamp

The REAL AC Mafia
Mar 18, 2008
California
With animals like that you never know. Once guy kept a pleco with a piranha and the piranha would watch the pleco as it cleaned the side of the glass, etc etc for about a year. One day he came home to find the head of the pleco with the rest nowhere to be found. I've heard a million stories like that.

thebullit

smile it confuses people
Apr 29, 2007
North West, UK
my 2 breeding pair are kept with guppies. the only fish i have had housed with them with no problems. any other fish they come into contact with they do try to catch and eat them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store