royal gamma ?????

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

D.J.

AC Members
May 3, 2008
i had one a few months back that only lived for a month and then just killed over.....

he was swimming fine and eating but didnt make it.....

i wat to try again with one or 2 in the new tank but im scared....i dont want to kill off any pricey fish...since my 30g has become a damsel tank...

what are the parameters for the water for them? what do i need to offer for food?(the last one was eating flake,pellets, and seaweed salad)

i really dont want to be stuck with just damsels......i know with 2 small tanks my fish are limited but there are some beautiful small species that i can aquire....

salty420

this fish was coming on to me
Mar 8, 2007
Sugar Grove, IL
i don't think RG's are very difficult fish so i don't know why your's up and died...
mine eats anything that touches the water. they are quite aggressive though to their own species (and in the case of my RG - all other fish) so only 1 per tank - that goes for all basslets. they like good water params like most sw fish, nothing tricky there. your damsels may cause some problems though depending on how tough the RG is...

skippy2

AC Members
Mar 14, 2004
holland, mi
Visit site
I had a rg for a couple of yrs. and for no reason just died. I was so scared to get another 1 for the longest time but I finally did. Like all sw fish they need excellent water quality. I would suggest taking your damnsels out if you excpect to keep any other type of fish.

D.J.

AC Members
May 3, 2008
i have a 2nd salt tank now. its been running for a day now....after a 2week cycle im gona start live rock and after a month or 2 ill add fish to it....

so if i get another RG he'll go into that tank........

but im stuck between colorful fish and a dwarf lion!!! LOL

my daughter wants clowns.....myself and the wife want a lion.....kind of a toss up here.....lol

can the RG go with clowns?

cav

wayne
Dec 11, 2006
Hull, UK.
Curious George (my royal gramma) lives quite happily with Ted and Thelma (my 2 clowns) and Studly (my banded serpent star)the one to watch in my tank is Alf my coral band shrimp who will quite happily jump of rocks to try and catch my fish! I'm am (while typing this) introducing a cleaner wrasse to my tank, not sure what to call him yet though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store