banjo cat - any experiences to share ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wethead

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Phila. burbs
Visit site
I was lucky enough to pick up 2 at a fish club meeting reciently, as far as i can tell they are bunocephalus coracoideus . I went to planet catfish for info, but i'm always partial to personal experiences for guidence. Anybody ?
Rich

BK

AC Members
Apr 29, 2001
WI
members.aol.com
mine likes shrimp pellets and hides all the time by digging into the gravel. Some times i don't see him for weeks.

mwood322

AC Members
Well,

My 2 love sand,a nd I just recently moved them to a tank with oak leaves and sand and I never see them, seem happy though. Mine eat just about anything, small snails, sinking foods, flake, whatever lands on them as they don't move much. Very nocturnal fish.

I've had good luck with mine, but be careful when cleaning the tank and vacuuming the gravel, as these guys will not move out of your way. I normally end up pulling them out of the gravel and putting them somewhere in the tank away from where I'm cleaning. They are so passive that I can move them by hand, and have never had them react badly, they also mostly stay where you put them, at least till the tank lights go out.

--Mia

waterspirit

Charlie don't surf...
Dec 11, 2002
Oak Grove, KY
Visit site
I have about the same experience with mine.

They'll eat just about anything, but not bother the other fish and they pretty much sit around all day until you turn out the lights.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store