Sewellia lineolata and Botia Sidthimunki together ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
Hey gang. Anyone keep these 2 loaches together ? I've got 5-7 (bought 7, have only seen 5 at one time !) sewellia lineolata in my 46, and was wondering if I could put the BS's in there with them ? Thinking probably 6. What do you think, Lupin ? Thanx for any insight !

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
I would say yes. Both of them are small and peaceful. The sewellia and other hillstream loaches enjoy strong currents and highly oxygenated water. Sidthimunki will enjoy that as well (might be good to include a couple of lower current spots, incase they get tired).

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Well, I don't agree. The temperature difference is the problem despite the compatibility. Sids, like several other botiine loaches, become more prone to ich at cooler temperatures whereas Sewellia lineolata is a coldwater species bound to turn darker at warmer temperature and depleting oxygen levels.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I think someone at loaches.com (janma?) keeps them together. I agree with Lupin though, the "optimum" for a species is different than "possible", short term doable but not best for either loach in the long term.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store