amano eggs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

0live

128 mb tempura
Mar 14, 2008
area code 401
How long is the gestation(?) for amanos?

like.. how long does it take the eggs to hatch? I cant seem to find an answer..

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
No idea on the gestation period, but be aware of the below (from www.petshrimp.com).

larvae go through several planktonic stages before metamorphosing into post-larvae (miniature shrimp) and assuming a benthic lifestyle. For this process they need brackish water to full strength saltwater.

pixl8r

MacroShrimpBreeder
May 11, 2007
Utah
There are documented cases of successful Amano shrimp breeding online. There's also a user here, palacan, that has also had success breeding Amano shrimp.

Good luck

0live

128 mb tempura
Mar 14, 2008
area code 401
yeah, i know they need brackish to salt for the larvae, I'd just like to know how much time I have.. I picked up the salt the other day, but I don't have a hydrometer yet..

Just kinda wondering if I was looking at DAYS or WEEKS.

pixl8r

MacroShrimpBreeder
May 11, 2007
Utah
You'll also need marine green water to feed the larva.

Do you know how long ago the eggs were laid? In general, it takes approximately 30 to 40 days, depending on water temperature, for my shrimp eggs to hatch. That may give you an approximation, however, I don't breed any lower order shrimp (shrimp that require marine, or brackish water to mature from larva to shrimp).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store