Custom Aquarium Background Method

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chrismercer

AC Members
May 21, 2008
So, you can always goto the LFS and buy a background. Or you can do what I do, create your own with photoshop.:idea:

Steps:
1. Simply measure the size of your tank's background surface.
2. Make a document the size of the tank dimensions in photoshop.
3. Check the image size of this newly created document, this will be the pixel size you you need for an image.
4. Use the Google Image Search to find nice wallpapers that suit your taste.
5. Open the selected Wallpaper in Photoshop and change the pixels of the wallpaper to match your tank's dimensions.
6. Now create a document the size of a peice of paper (take into account the margins). I use a 10inx7in document.
7. Copy the wallpaper that has been changed to the size of the tank.
8. Paste the wallpaper in the 10inx7in document. (the wallpaper will be much larger)
9. Now print the wall papers top left corner. drag the wall paper over to the left and print again. continue this process until all of the image has been printed on numerous sheets of paper.
10. Let the paper dry, then cute the margins off.
11. Match up each sheet of paper and tape them together.
12. at the end you will have a bunch of papers taped together the size of your tanks background.
13. cut out some cardboard large enough to cover the back of your tank (i use old beer cases)
14. tape the wallpaper to the back of the tank.
15. tape the cardboard to the back of the tank, over the wallpaper. This should prevent the water from smearing your wallpaper.

It seems time consuming :wall:, but nothing is more reqarding than having a tank that you enjoy looking at. :headbang2:

Here are a few backgrounds I have made using this method.

And that's how I made backgrounds. :welcome:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Different.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store