another sick betta question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jaysen

i eat rats like you for breakfast!
Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
my sister brought one home from a friend who was mistreating it due to boredom. she loves animals and hates when they suffer. im noticing that the betta is on the surface on his side. he swims all lopsided and braces against fake plants to hold himself in the correct position. he doesnt swim to the bottom and struggles to stay off his side. he is fat but doesnt have dropsy. im thinking it is a swim bladder disorder but not sure if it is or what to do. i would post pictures but they would just show a fat blue betta hanging out a little to his side on top. any help/ advice is appreciated.

jaysen

i eat rats like you for breakfast!
Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
just the standard betta floating pellet stuff. i wanted to give it peas but they sink and he isnt interested in them. we got him yesterday so he may need a day or so to adjust before he will consider eating.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
sorry I can't give you actual directions, I hope someone with experience can chime in for you soon. I will do a search and see if I can find out anymore info for you.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
From the threads I searched, it looks like recommended epsom salt treatment is 1 tbsp per 10 gallons. I would double check me if I were you, but its supposed to help with constipation/flotation issues in betta.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store