A fish that will GET ALONG with my Tetras?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

csmith1004

AC Members
May 8, 2008
Ok, so our new betta has been in the tank for 2 days and my tetras are still picking on him. So far, I haven't seen any fin nipping but I have seen lots of chasing around and Mr. Betta just doens't seem happy. If it continues I think I will end up getting him his own 10 gal. tank. But, I will want something else in my 20 gal with my Tetras. My son is not impressed with the Tetras due to their small size and keeps asking for a "big" fish (we are obviously limited by our tank size!). So, any suggestions of a medium sized fish (2-3 in) that can added to a 20 gal with 15 tetras and be happy??

I'm still hoping that another day or two will bring peace among the Tetras and Mr. Betta!!

daniel364

Its not all that bad...
me trouble when i put my betta in in with some glowlights in a 10g, but the chasing stopped after about a week and they all seem pretty happy now.
A dwarf gourami would be a good option for the tetras. It is bigger than the tetras and quite colourful too.

legendaryfrog

Tactical Refreshment Action
Nov 25, 2006
arlington heights - hoffman estates, IL
me trouble when i put my betta in in with some glowlights in a 10g, but the chasing stopped after about a week and they all seem pretty happy now.
A dwarf gourami would be a good option for the tetras. It is bigger than the tetras and quite colourful too.
I also think a dwarf gourami would make a good addition, because of its short fins.

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
I agree with the dwarf gourami.......pretty, good size and peaceful.

trashion

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
A Bolivian Ram would look nice.

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
I think the idea of a dwarf gourami is a good one or you could do a pair of German Blue rams. If not a Bolivian Ram is a good idea too.

Marinemom

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store