What do you think of the new 'scape?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
I'm happy with the new aquascape. Not happy with what it's cost me in fish, but I'm sure I'll get over it, in time and have learned some lessons.
*Don't sit a heavy rock down on a small fish.
*Don't kill half of a pair unless you want the other half to die too.
*secure any and all exits or buy fish too big to get through them
*just leave the darn tank alone and let it grow. :perv:

Here's a pic or two of the new aquascape and one of my purty sun coral and my rapidly fattening little target mandarin.

(hmmm, cpd's gonna start to think I'm copying her....if only!) :)

5.26.08 032.jpg 5.26.08 029.jpg 5.26.08 041.jpg 5.26.08 042.jpg 5.26.08 043.jpg

apelaston

much more than a hobby to me.
Mar 21, 2008
bradford, ohio
www.myspace.com
i am not sure what it looked like before but i do like it now.

journey0820

AC Members
Jan 31, 2008
I love that left side and how you created the higher shelf towards the inside...different than most would intuitively place the rocks but looks more natural...like a real reef.

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
LOL I've swapped away some of the things I had in there, but here's a Before pic:

(I don't know why my FTS are so sucky)

DSC06768.JPG

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Annette: your tank looks terrific and you suncoral is unbelievable...you must be feeding it quite a bit. Looks very happy.

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks! It was very healthy and happy when I got it, so that helps of course. But yes, I'm feeding it twice a day, same as I do the fish, I've just added an extra cube to the feeding routine now. I feed the fish first and by the time I'm done with them, it's open and ready and then I feed it a little, wait a few minutes, feed it some more, wait a few more minutes, feed it the last. I need to get a new turkey baster or target feeder though, the one I have is too big, I think. Here's a pic of it eating!

5.22.08 001.jpg 5.22.08 013.jpg

schigara

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
Memphis, Tn
www.geocities.com
I really like the new look. Sorry about the losses you have had recently.

It can be tough to keep from messing with things, for sure.

I just about had to go into a 12 step program to cure my addiction for sticking my hands in the tank and messing with things.

Today was the first time in 3months for me to go in my tank. I needed to permanently mount a Purple Monti and lower a Table Acro frag.

Looking forward to seeing your tank update pictures in say....3-6-9-12 months.

Nice work!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store