"Fallen Angel"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
So, I went in today to turn the lights on in the tanks...to my dismay, my biggest and Fav. Angel was dead. Her/His tail was completely gone, bottom fins were too along with her eyes!!! I feel so bad for her, I'm thinking I am going to move my other Angel back into the female betta tank. I have had not problems up till now with them in the 55g and I NEVER saw any type of aggression toward them from my other fish, so I have no idea who did it, if it was more then one, or if she just died and they being fish ate her/him.

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
:cry:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Well, that sucks. What other fish were in there?

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
sorry for your loss
with angels you may not see the aggression unless you watch the tank all the time.
I have seen it and they can be ruthless..they strike quick and may blindside the unsuspecting victim.

unfortunately, they can strike with enough force to stun the victim..
I have seen an angry male cover the distance in a 55 in a flash..literally you cannot track them.

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Thank you everyone!!! I wish I had a pic to post, but unfortunately my computer crashed about a week ago and I lost all the pics on it. I do have back up of other pics, but for the life of me I can't find one of the angel, I only had a couple cause they were impossible for me to get a good shot of, I'll keep looking I may find one SOMEwhere!

Well, that sucks. What other fish were in there?
This is my 55g FW tank, Bob...I have 2 Gold Sevs, 1 blue Gourami, 3 Paradise fish, 1 Firemouth, a recently added baby Sengal Birchr, and now just one Angel. Oh and the 2 cats.

I would say to anyone else, it may of been the Firemouth..but mine is really not aggressive, the only time I see him go at anyone is when they are trying to get in his little hiding whole...then he flairs and chases them out..but he's never done more then that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store