DIY airdriven PS

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Sharyl,
There's one here at ozreef. I think I've come across others, but can't remember offhand where they are.
I am wondering why, though. With venturi/needle wheel skimmers being relatively inexpensive and a whole lot less trouble than air-driven skimmers, it doesn't seem worth it.

Sharyl C

Mola and Me
Thanks for the links - I'll check them out.

I'm thinking the air driven skimmer would be easiest to set-up in the tank given space, canopy, and such. I already have an airlift running for water movement, aeration, and emergency power failures, but thought I may be able to find some ideas to incorporate the two in to one device.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
A few considerations: You'll need to make sure the skimmer does not start releasing bubbles into the main part of the tank--this can be a big problem or just an annoyance, depending on what's in the tank. Also, the size of the bubbles produced is important,with small bubbles being the best. Make sure you can get very fine microbubbles, or the skimmer won't be as effective, no matter what it's size.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store