dying fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CoraLife

Profesional Idiot
Apr 20, 2008
Too Far from the Ocean
my flamehawk in my 10g Qt died today. i have no idea of what it died of. it was posing like it always does on the bottom of the tank. also i was wondering how the fish you are keeping for me are holding up. is the CB Dead? im a little frustrated because i have lost soo many fish

clown
blenny
flame angel x2
flame hawk
cleaner shrimp

thats almost 300$ worth of life that i have lost and i wanted to know whats wrong
i know what the clown died of... salinity shock and the second flame and blenny to ich but the flame hawk and first flame angel i have no idea! any help?

marinemad

marine mad
Apr 14, 2008
scotland
we really need more info, water test results, how long qt tank been running,what kinda filteration, how long did you have the fish?, was it healthy when you bought it? did you see it eat in lfs? has it been eating ok?, did you buy your qt tank new? if not do you know what it was used for before?, what kinda source water you using?, will try to help but fill us in bit more.
sorry to hear of all your bad luck

CoraLife

Profesional Idiot
Apr 20, 2008
Too Far from the Ocean
qt has been runing for a week today and has no filters because i am treating for ich with noxich. i have had the fish for a few months and it eats like a pig. flamer has shown no signs of illness and even when the tank got ich it didnt even show on him or my two current clowns. the tank that the clowns are housed in (QT) is my quarentine tank and it has been used for SW Quarentine for four months off and on. but before that it was used for FW grow out tank for little tanganyikans. my water is from a well and s fikltered extensively before it reaches tyhe taps.

marinemad

marine mad
Apr 14, 2008
scotland
whats the water tests amonia? nitrate? nitrite? ph?
what medicines or chemicals you been adding ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store