Coral Keepers 28 gallon Nano-Cube HQI diary.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
Hello everyone!

I just bought a 28 gallon Nano-Cube HQI. Here are a few things that I copied and pasted about the Nano-Cube.

"Comprehensive, compact aquarium system designed for the nano reef enthusiast. The new 28 gallon Nano-Cube HQI system maintains the stylish, clutter-free appearance of an integrated aquarium setup but boasts the power and capabilities of larger, custom aquariums. The Nano-Cube HQI is a new class of nano reef systems designed to satisfy the specific conditions necessary to successfully house hard corals, small polyp stony (SPS) corals, and clams. Enjoy advanced features including, 150 watt 14000°K HQI metal halide lighting, 3-stage filtration, counter-current protein skimmer, nocturnal LED lighting, alternating wavemaker, 532 gph flow rate, (4) built-in cooling fans, and more. Glass aquarium with rounded corners for seamless panoramic viewing. Measures 18" x 22" x 22" high.

Features:

* 150 watt 14000°K HQI metal halide lighting
* (4) Nite-Vu LED lighting with separate power cord
* (2) UL-Listed Accela Powerheads (266 gph each for a 532 gph total)
* (2) Directional flow nozzles
* (1) Ocean Pulse Duo - Alternating wavemaker
* (4) Integrated cooling fans (3,000 RPM's)
* Counter current protein skimmer with air pump
* 3-stage filtration with removable media basket
* Center overflow system
* Designated area for a heater
* Flame retardant ABS canopy housing
* Thermal protector for canopy (Auto Shut Off protection)"

I filled it up with freshwater and I'm testing it out and so far so good.

Here is a picture of the 14k MH light on.

Picture of the back.

Picture of the MH light.

Here is a picture of the biocube filled with FW.(I'm testing it out)

The back of the biocube.

Some more pictures...

I got it for $571 and thats with taxes. It was on sale, so that why I got it. Its brand new.
Here is a drawing I made of the back. The green is chaeto and the brown is LR. The blue arrows is the water movement.

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
Yay! My salt just came in from FedEx! Its Reef Crystals and can make 160 gallons.:headbang2:

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
Great setup! You are going to have lots of fun picking out corals since you aren't limited on light ;)

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store