It has begun... The Battle of the Vivariums

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Now, I totally remember that we have until 06/27/08 until our final pictures are in, but I think a little update would be nice. Here is my tank as it looks at the moment:

I have added an Anubia Minima I think it is, and some other plant. Lol, I'll get all the names together again for the final day. I needed to create a sort of "pot" in the right corner for the flowering plant(seen in the top right corner). I accomplished this by digging out my GS foam and using silicone to attach a nifty little piece of wood in front of this. I filled in the hole with sphagnum moss and Eco-Earth and planted the plant into it. It has been in the hole but a day but it seems good so far.

I also ran an airline under the gravel to the far right side of the tank. The hose was punctured in multiple places(probably not quite enough, the air comes out pretty hard still) to turn the surface of the water over, preventing a build-up of film. I also removed my water heater and the water temperature is still remaining a steady 78f.

I believe for the final stages I may add some more moss(possibly some of the moss I retrieved from the mountains), an Anubia Coffeefolia, perhaps a chain sword or something for the water, the perfect Neoregelia brom, and maybe a tad of Riccia. I will add a tad more black gravel to the water, some more tiger shrimps, and I will call it good.

Any ideas/advice appreciated. Now show me what you guys have, fellow competitors...

front.jpg side060608.JPG

emptywallet

another youngling who is clueless
Apr 19, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
David
what animals are going in there other then shrimp

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Thanks for the compliments. As far as fauna goes... I have a very nice selection of microfauna below the waterline (in the slow moving portions of the water I can see little white things being chased by bigger things which are in turn eaten by black worms), Malaysian trumpet snails, a clown pleco, and 2-3 tiger shrimp. Above the waterline, no fauna since my starry nights killed themselves.

Virtuoso2K12

Mar 2, 2008
Southern CA
anyone intereted we will probably have another competion on AUGUST OR JULY, final pics are due on june 27 so hoep you all visit soon for daily update!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store