Largest Invert Tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

0live

128 mb tempura
Mar 14, 2008
area code 401
heres the question.. how big it too big for an invert tank?

Is there such a thing as too big?

I've got some CRS coming in tomorrow through my LFS, and I want to set up their own tank.. though.. the choices were the empty 10 gallon, or the empty 55.

I want to do something larger than the 10.. but I don't want to buy ANOTHER tank. now I'm starting to plan another 55 planted.. for inverts.

AM I NUTS?

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
i don't think so. i have a 30g for crs and i kinda wish it was bigger. but of course i am an invert junkie. i have had brief moments of madness where i have considered making my 75g an invert only tank.

0live

128 mb tempura
Mar 14, 2008
area code 401
sweet, a 75 gal invert tank! oh man.

okay. well off to QT with these guys until the 55 is a freakin invert palace.

Any ideas for plants (i don't know asian plants.. I mostly try to stay south american with my other two planted tanks.)

gah! starting to get excited.

Notophthalmus

I put the 'snork' in 'snorkeling'!
Mar 4, 2008
Tennessee
If I could get my hands on some of those giant spiny Australian freshwater crayfish....then you'd see a big invert tank! One of those things would probably be cramped in a 120.

That will probably never happen, but I would like to at least get some of the big Macrobrachium species; they would need a pretty big tank, too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store