This is a very helpful forum...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jameshilljr

Kanien'k?haka-People of the Flint
Jun 8, 2008
Sanford, NC
:help:
I just found this site yesterday while looking up info on setting up new aquariums. I am rather new to alot of this. I bought a 55 gallon existing setup with 3 yellow lab cichlids and several live plants 2 days ago.Also, unfortunately I bought 2 juvenile firemouth, and 2 juvenile convict cichlids to put in the aquarium. I have read the posts about cycling the aquariums with/or without fish in it. I wish I would have known about that before I bought this setup. But I will just have to keep testing the water levels and doing partial water changes when necessary.Do I need to vacuum siphon the gravel out during water changes or do I just take out the water?
I have never had live plants in an aquarium before. What do I need for them to thrive in this setting?

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
welcome to AC, glad you are finding it useful. You'll probably get more answers if you post a separate post with your questions in the general fw part of the forum.

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Welcome to AC :)

We can help you better if you start a thread in Freshwater Newbie (re the water changes) and the Planted forum, re the plants.

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
Hello.........:welcome:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store