Hi my friends

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

couriousanimal

Registered Member
Jun 9, 2008
I just wanted to intro my self.My names Dave I live in the Virgin islands.I have always kept fish in my home ussualy in tanks from 20 to thirty gallons.But now I have a different and more challenging thing going on. I have adopted a new 220 gallon fountain in an alley off main street in St thomas. Its made of concrete was built and sealed six months ago.The fountain has a small recirclateing system that pumps the water from the bottom in the middle of the tank and spreads the water out the top kinda like an upside down salad bowl.I put some wonderful floating plants in it about 2 months back.A month ago I introduced 15 fancy fantail guppies 11 females 4 males.They imeadiately began droping babies. that was cool. They also ate all the misquito larve.
Cool to! They also began dieing...not cool. hundreds of babies i suspect were eaten by thier parents .But the parents as well are dieing off at an allarming rate I think I got 5 to 7 left .I wonder what going on here? The thing cured for at least 4 months befor even the plants were introed. The temp stays steady at about 80 to 85. I know I need to get a test kit for the thing.Guppies survive and thrive here in every still pond on the islands. I could use some advice here.
Thanks
Dave:help:

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Hi and Welcome to AC :)

Could you start a thread in the Freshwater Forum describing your problem ? You will get more assistance that way...just on a personal note perhaps you could change your font to something a little less hard on the eyes. I personally found it hard to understand your post.

Enjoy the site !

Last edited:

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
Hello............:welcome:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name