new tank questions!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tessr

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
Hi just a couple of questions, i've got a corner tank thats been running for a couple of years and i'm now thnking of getting a better tank, i've seen 2 i like but i'm not sure which would be the better buy the first one is the Fluval 90 litre with fluvel 2 filter or the secound tank which is a Aquaone 620 which has a built in filter. the secound question is as i have gouramis will the tanks be suitable and how many could i put into the 90 litre.
Any help would be appreciated.

tessr

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
the gouramis i have are 2 pearls and 1 male dwarf and 2 female dwarf gourami, i just don't want to get a tank thats too small for them.

tessr

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
at the moment the tanks a bowfront corner tank and as i got it given to me without a box i can't be sure of how many litres it is but it's got to be about a 125 litres,i know it measures 2ft x2ft out from the corner on each side.

SchizotypalVamp

The REAL AC Mafia
Mar 18, 2008
California
He's asking because most asian farms that breed dwarf gouramis lace their foods with hormones to switch their gender over to male, resulting in shorter lifespans and less hardy fish. If you had a pair and they bred the people on this board would snap up the fry.
Generally male gouramis of every species don't get along if kept together, sort of a disaster-waiting-to-happen scenario.

tessr

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
I got them from my lfs which sells lots of different gouramis like pearls, gold,sunset, dwarf and the blue dwarf, 1 of my females are blue and the other is silver, but i was told that i'm fine with just 2 males. I've not had any fry or bubble nests yet but i read they have to be at least a year old to begin breeding them, my male pearl is just starting to get the red colour on the belly so what sort of age could they be?
I will be using plants in the new 90 litre like i do in this tank but at the moment i only have 1 strip light and the new tanks have 2 i was thinking i might get the aquaone 620 does anyone know if the filter media are easy to use and how many places sell them?

tessr

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
I was told that the blue dwarf is a variety of the dwarf gouramis and the blue males have a red edge to the fins and tale. lfs had both types of gouramis i'll try and get a photo and post it later on

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store